Save 20% ON EVERY ORDER OVER $50. No code necessary. Limited time offer.
July 30, 2018
It's the long awaited "Back To School" season and there is something many of us may not be thinking about as we make that bed time transition from the late night's of summer to a rigid wake up call...Our kids' bedrooms.
Is it the sleep sanctuary our kids need for their best night's sleep?
Don’t panic. There's still time to investigate. But, trust us, doing this now will help you later.
We adults know how we like to sleep: chilly, warm, fan, white noise, silence, total darkness, etc...but often times our kiddos don’t know what to request, if they even know what helps them fall asleep easier.
Here's our first piece of advice: Lay in their room, after they have fallen asleep. Check light, temp, sounds, smells. Then, the next day, talk about those findings with them. But, you will probably know right away what steps to take.
Here are our top 5 tips for creating the perfect sleep sanctuary for the Littles:
1. White noise machine- get one! They are an underestimated hero. They drown out the exterior noise from the house and help their little minds unwind.
2. Motion activated night light. In the middle of the night, no one wants to whack an ankle or step on a lego on the way to the bathroom. (Or, let's be honest- on the way to find Mom.)
3. Black out curtains. They keep the room dark (duh), but also create a womblike quiet that helps create a soft mood. *Just check that there isn't remnant light peeking in from the top or sides.
4. Diffuser. We run relaxing blends of essential oils at bedtime to help bring down anxiety. Lavender, chamomile, vetiver, patchouli...feeling...sleepy...We also recommend our Organic Calm Kids pillow and room mist, to set the mood.
5. Bedding. This is important for many reasons. Sensory irritations are a real problem for kids. Have you ever tried to get out the door with a "wonky" sock?! Aside from the feel, there are actual health hazards involved with selecting non-organic bedding. Choose bedding that is free from formaldehyde, chemical dyes and those made with synthetic materials. Choose an organic pillow and mattress to see improvements in respiratory health, allergies and sleep.
Biggest takeaway here- spend some time in your kids bedroom to find those little things that can make a big difference at bedtime.
What are some things you do to improve your Littles sleep?
3 Tips for Your Best Night's Sleep
August 21, 2019
Theses are great tips for when our grandsons who are 5 and 7 yrs old sleep over. I must still be a kid, since I do 4 out of 5 of your Tips for me and my husband! Haven’t gotten the black out curtains yet!
But I absolutely love my TRP pillow and the Sweet Dreams Pillow Spray Mist! 😴💗
April 14, 2020
February 15, 2020