Benefits of Wool
- Wool is the most breathable filling material used and has natural characteristics that leave you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Surprise! It actually helps regulate body temperature.
- Unlike synthetic material, wool’s properties are inhospitable to dust mites due to microscopic bristles on the wool fibers. Wool is the obvious choice for those searching for non-allergen filled pillows. Allergen fillers include: Down feathers and synthetic poly-fill. These fillers most likely contain dust mites, mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria after a short period of use.
- Amazingly, wool is hypoallergenic and resists bacteria: It’s both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
- Wool is fire resistant and actually acts as a fire retardant.
- Wool is natural and grown on sheep. Wool surpasses synthetic material fill in terms of durability and quality when tested.
- Sheep can grow a coat of wool annually and our carding mill takes extra care to ensure the animals are not harmed during the shearing process.
Supportive of Small Farms and Farmers
- Our wool is a blend of certified organic wool from eight breeds of sheep raised on small farms (most have under 100 animals). Our partner ranchers have been vetted to insure the proper treatment of the animals and adherence to the organic standards.