Benefits of Wool
- Wool is the most breathable filling material used and has natural characteristics that leave you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Surprise! It actually helps regulate body temperature.
- Wool is natural and grown on sheep. Wool surpasses synthetic material fill in terms of durability and quality when tested.
- Sheep can grow a coat of wool annually and our carding mill takes extra care to ensure the animals are not harmed during the shearing process.
- Unlike synthetic material, wool’s properties are inhospitable to dust mites due to microscopic bristles on the wool fibers. Wool is the obvious choice for those searching for non-allergen filled pillows. Allergen fillers include: Down feathers and synthetic poly-fill. These fillers most likely contain dust mites, mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria after a short period of use.
- Amazingly, wool is hypoallergenic and resists bacteria: It’s both anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
- Wool is fire resistant and actually acts as a fire retardant.
- Our wool is a blend of certified organic wool from eight breeds of sheep raised on small farms (most have under 100 animals). Our partner ranchers have been vetted to insure the proper treatment of the animals and adherence to the organic standards.
How to care for The Right Pillow-Dreamer: Wool Bolus
To "clean": Safety pin the zipper to the cotton cover, to keep closed. Use mild, unscented laundry detergent. Machine wash cold, gentle cycle. Tumble dry NO heat or air dry. Unpin and rearrange woolies to your desired shape. If needed, carefully unzip your pillow and reshape to match your preferred contouring. Use caution if opening zipper, as the woolies are messy when loose! It is recommended to place your pillow in the sun for 30-60 minutes 4 times a year. With proper care, The Right Pillow will last for years.
Organic and free of all the scary stuff so you can rest knowing that you're safe from harmful chemicals and toxins.